Friday, September 5, 2008

TGI(non-chemo)F

What a week! My pain from the other day finally went away. I took a Vicodin on Wednesday night (Vicodin, for the win!...as my brother would say) and was at least able to sleep. The pain subsided the next day and went completely away last night. The only pain I'm experiencing now is from the shots. Mainly my stomach because that's where they're given. I haven't noticed much bone pain with this round. Only 4 more shots.

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and my next chemo on Friday. After this treatment, that will complete 2 whole cycles. I can't believe it's already been that long. My first week of chemo seemed to drag on forever. I never thought I'd reach the week anniversary. Now it's been over a month since my first treatment. A PET scan will be scheduled next and that will determine how much longer on the chemo.

I did go get my mediport checked out and the doctor said it looked fine. She thinks it's still just healing. I told her about the pain I was experiencing and she's the one who recommended the Vicodin. Doctor's orders!

That's all for now. I'm still having headaches and typing in the dark doesn't seem to be the cure for that.

Thanks and goodnight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right! Vicodin FTW!! Fuzzy's soon. Don't forget.

Linda. F. said...

Kim, my husband can tell you about all of the painkillers.

What he is finding works the best now is Bio-feedback. It is easy to learn, they have equipment to assist the learning process and it doesnt involve any chemicals!

Hope you continue to get the sleep you need!

Jessica Elliott said...

Vicodin...keep em comin if that's doin the trick!!!! Glad to hear you're pain free :) Hope your weekend is relaxing!!!

Jessica said...

Ah Vicodin! That is some good stuff! Glad that you are able to sleep. Let's hope the PET scan shows good things!