Monday, September 22, 2008

More pets and walks...

My PET scan went well on Friday. As well as a PET scan can go anyway. When my name was finally called, Anthony, my tech, took me back to a room and drew blood. My blood sugar was tested (it was 94) and the glucose solution and radiotracers were injected. I remembered to bring a book, so the hour long wait was somewhat more tolerable this time. Anthony came back after the hour was up and the PET scan was started. There are 3 quick scans followed by a long scan. The long scan starts with me all the way through the other side of the machine. After about 5-6 minutes, the table you lay on moves about 3 inches. This continues until you're all the way through the other side of the machine. It's somewhat relaxing because of the repetition and then it's done. I'm waiting to hear the results, breath held in the meantime, and will post them as soon as I know. Good or bad...

I wrote in my last blog about the Light the Night walk in Colorado. I posted a link for pictures that my cousin, Shelley, took. All of my family are in them.

I almost have all the info for the Light the Night walk that's here. My librarian, Elaine, is setting it all up for me. Thank goodness! That's one less thing on my mind. I should have all info by tomorrow and will post that as soon as it's done. Thanks, Elaine!!!!

Since the majority of this blog is about the PET scan, I thought I'd post pictures of my other pets. I posted one of Phoebe back in August. Well...meet Peanut and Milo!

Peanut

Milo

That's all I have for now. Thanks and goodnight!

1 comment:

Linda. F. said...

Beautiful cat!!!!! ((( HUGS))) >:<