Monday, August 18, 2008

Work.

Well, work started for me today. Thank goodness for easy days! We had a meeting this morning, but then I was free to work in my room this afternoon. That mainly consisted of working for 10 minutes then resting. I feel more winded than usual. Normal, I suppose.

I'm starting to experience side effects. I feel crappy in general. Similar to how you'd feel if you were getting the flu. Mainly tired. I'm running on about 3-4 hours sleep a night. Not consistently, either. Maybe an hour here and there. I've had minor nausea. Not even as bad as last time. Yea!!! No headaches yet, but my mouth and throat hurt. Last time that only lasted a couple of days. I'm hoping the same for this time. I've been craving smoothies lately. I've indulged in those the past couple of days instead of eating. I figure that's better than nothing at all! :) It's strange how it changes your taste for things and eating habits. I can't drink coffee here, at home, anymore. Out is okay, but it tastes funny to me here.

I still have the Bleomycin on my arm from the allergy test 2 weeks ago. I asked my oncologist's nurse and the chemo nurse and both said it's been a long time since they've seen that last so long. I told you...I prove to be a difficult patient. Oh, well.

I finished my 3 days worth of anti-nausea drugs this morning and my Neupogen shots start tonight. I'm dreading those. Not the shot so much as the bone pain that'll follow. I only had 2 days of shots last time. From now until I'm done with chemo, it'll be 8 days of shots following each chemo treatment. Blah.

On another note, I am enjoying the rainy weather! Yea!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad work was easy today! I hope the bone pain won't be too horrible! That has to be a very uncomfortable side effect! Love ya!

Linda. F. said...

May Angels take the pain from you
and guard you every night.
May Angels sing you to sleep
and give you the hours of rest you need. >:<

Anonymous said...

I'll be seeing you soon HONEY.

Love you!
Aunt Ola

Linda. F. said...

It's Wed night, how are you doing Kim?