Sunday, August 3, 2008

Something slipped my mind.

A tad bit of good news we received on Friday...my bone marrow came back clean and clear!!! I was so overloaded with information (and meds!) that day, it kinda went in one ear and out the other. I remembered after the Ativan fog wore off. Oops!! I'll try to do better with that. :)

So far things are going okay. I feel better than expected and hope this lasts. I'm still very tired most of the time. Resting a lot. I have waves of nausea here and there, but nothing that's keeping me bedridden, like I thought and heard other Hodgkin's patients say. I just feel crappy overall. Nothing I can't handle, though. Thank goodness! I heard the horror stories of the nausea and was terrified of it. I heard it can get worse as time goes on, and I'm prepared for it, but I thought my first treatment would be that way. I was pleasantly surprised. Never thought I'd ever be saying that about chemo!!! Ha!!!

And I haven't forgotten about the surgery pics. I have most of them uploaded and will try to put up that link later today. I know you can't wait!

6 comments:

Linda. F. said...

It is good to hear your doing far better than you expected and it is wonderful to know your bone marrow is clean! Yay! You will get through this!

Linda Ferguson

Jessica Elliott said...

What a blessing already...clean bone marrow and less nausea than you expected! Your spirit shines as you run towards the roar! You-are amazing! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey there - your new chemo friend, Lisa here. Thanks for the update and all the detailed info since you're a couple of weeks ahead of me on this journey. So glad you got a good report on the clean bone marrow.

I feel that same way about starting chemo - last week for feeling normal for awhile with my date 8/11 coming up. Glad to hear that you're doing well - sleeping isn't such a bad thing.

I've got to set up a blog like this. Sure do seem to have so many thoughts in my mind and you just got to get it out.

I look forward to sharing with you, Kim.

Your Chemo Friend,
Lisa Wilkinson

Elaine T. said...

That is HUGE good news, Kim!! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Elaine

Rachel said...

That's wonderful!!! Everyone keep up those prayers for Kim!!

Becky said...

I am so excited to hear that your bone marrow is clear! What terrific news!
Becky Currier