Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not a lot of info...

The title says it all. No info in my house these days is a good thing. I have 2 more nights of the Neupogen shots left. They hurt more and more...Matt says he can see the previous holes so he's avoiding those. Fortunately, I've experienced only minor bone pain. Not like last time. I've had headaches on and off, but the good news is--I can still sleep! I haven't had a lot of insomnia lately. Going back to work and being on a schedule, I believe, helped that situation.

I did learn something cool on Friday. You can actually "pull" your mediport...like a muscle. I talked to nurse Katie and she said the mediport is sewn to your chest muscle. I guess I never really thought about it, even though I have the instructions on how to insert it here at home. Came with the mediport. Anyhow, I guess I've been doing more lifting lately with being at school and I somehow managed to pull the muscle attached to the mediport. Leave it to me to find a way to do that. It's a little sore.

As far as treatments go...I think Lisa wins. Nothing against my nurses--I like them all a lot--but getting radiation by a gorgeous Greek is definitely a plus! Makes the pill a little easier to swallow, if you know what I mean.

Tomorrow is the kid's 1st day back to school. My school holds a sneak-a-peek every year the week before school. I got to see most of my kiddos on Thursday. That was fun! I have mostly boys and they've all gotten so big! I'm looking forward to seeing them everyday. They bring so much joy and laughter into my life. I'm sure I'll be posting stories on here (sorry, parents!). Also, tomorrow is my Phoebe's 3rd birthday!
Phoebe:

I realized I'm being biased by posting a picture of her and not my other 2. I'll post them soon enough.

Now I must be off to bed. Yes, I realize it's only 6:07, but I have to rest up for tomorrow. Thanks and good night!

5 comments:

Linda. F. said...

Here's to having a fantastic first day back Kim!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of one of my grand daughters!! Hope you have a wonderful first day back. You look gorgeous today!

Anonymous said...

What am I saying....you look gorgeous everyday! I love you.

Anonymous said...

HEY!! I HOPE TODAY WENT WONDERFUL FOR YOU. GIVE THE BABY A BIRTHDAY KISS FROM HER COUSINS' HERE IN COLORADO. HOW IS EVERYTHING GOING? I JUST WANTED TO SAY HI. I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER LOVE YOU. GIVE EVERYONE KISSES FOR ME.. OXOXOXO

Jessica Elliott said...

Hope being back to school helps bring some sort of normalcy back to your days :) I am excited to hear your side effects haven't been as bad! God knows what He's doing :) Have a wonderful first week back at school sweet Kim!!!