Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sleep!!!!!

I was able to sleep last night!! Hooray! I'm hoping that's a good sign. Of course my insomnia didn't appear until a couple of days after taking the Decadron, which is the culprit, but I hold out hope. I had some mild nausea last night. Somewhat worse than last time. Still nothing I can't handle. I made the mistake of eating a slightly larger meal than after my last chemo. Must remember to stick to small meals throughout the day. That's quite hard for someone who likes to eat as much as me.

I'll be updating this as the day goes on. Hopefully with no more news. I'll be spending the majority of my day baking. My mom and I are providing our staff with breakfast goodies for Monday. That's when I start back and plan on being there. I'll be making scones again (vanilla, cinnamon and orange cranberry) plus a pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese filling and some english muffin loaves. Mom's making banana bread, chili cheese balls (sorta like sausage balls minus the sausage, add green chilies), mini muffins (blueberry and triple berry), and biscuits. We have our work cut out for us.

That's all for now. :)

Update (5:32 pm)--I feel okay. Tired for the most part. I added what I have of surgery pics, if you're interested. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Linda. F. said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......MMMMM!!! Can I come over to YOUR school???

Rachel said...

YUMMMMY!! Save some for me. Jed and I will see you soon. Let me know if you need any help with the classroom or anything else. I'm just a call away. Praying that things will be easier for you this time around. XXXXXOOOOO!!!

Sarah said...

WOW! Can't wait to taste all the goodies :-)
So, if you're insomnia kicks in, do you stay up and watch the Olympics? GO USA!

Andi said...

Still amazing! Makes me wonder what the world would be like if everyone could handle life's hurdles with even an ounce of the strength you have...hmmm...

Prayers always...and tell your mom there's some special ones in there for her, too:)

Andi

michelle e. said...

Kim,
Thank you for showing me that I need to stop whining about going back to work. If you can get red death pumped into you, have bone pain, no sleep and STILL be ready for work...then so can I! Hope I get to hug on you at Convocation. You are truly an inspiration!

Michelle E.

Anonymous said...

You know, if you can't sleep and simply must bake, your brother whom you love dearly would surely eat up said baked goods. Mmmmmmmm...

Mel said...

To piggie back off of Bryan's comment - remember he did hog all the scones the last time you baked them:)