Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wigs and such.

Well...this is it. I feel like this week has a been a countdown of days left that I have feeling "normal". Tomorrow, and for the next 4 months, my body will be pumped full of toxic drugs, otherwise known as chemo. One of these drugs actually has the nickname "the red death" because of it's cranberry color and toxicity. Oh joy. I'm more anxious than anything about tomorrow. I'm ready to see just exactly what I'm up against.

On a lighter note, I went shopping today with Jill. Wig shopping, that is. Wow was that an experience! We went to several different places. One shop we went to was perfect...if I were 60 or older. The majority of them are actually pretty real looking, though. I tried on some horrible wigs, just for fun. Even a platinum blonde one. Though with that one I'd need some really dark sunglasses, a scarf around my head, and be following a cheating husband. Something like this:

I even managed to toss a wig off my head and fling it across the room (with a smooth save by Jill) just by "brushing" it. I'll watch out for that in the future. Or better yet...if you see me with a brush in hand...run. You might get hit. :)

7 comments:

Linda. F. said...

Hey Kim, you will look beautiful with the wig or without it.

Finally I got google to accept my password and name!!

Jessica Elliott said...

you are so cute! wigs are fun! you can be a different person every single day if you want :)

i wish you the best tomorrow sweet kim!!!

Unknown said...

I love you! and I know your going to beat this. Good luck today;)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! You have been on my mind today. Prayin for you hun!

Jessica R

Rachel said...

I think about you many times everyday and today is no exception. Praying that God will make today and everyday of this journey easier than the day before. Love you!

Unknown said...

I'll be sorely disappointed if you don't get at least one hot pink-tipped mohawk one. Or blue-tipped, then you ucould wear it to pride rallys! :-)

Adwell said...

I was thinking more like THIS:
http://wowwigs.stores.yahoo.net/lavishlywild.html

HOT! You know what I'm talkin' bout.