Monday, July 21, 2008

I like my pets better.

I had my PET scan today. It looks something like this:





One thing they don't warn you about is how unbelievably BORED you'll be there. You're taken back to this huge room with a huge chair. I felt like a dwarf sitting there...which, I suppose, isn't saying much. Though the only other time I can recall this feeling is when my name was Alice and I was in Wonderland. :) Anyhow...once you're injected with the radiotracer, you have to sit for an hour. Just sit. Move only if you have to, no talking and lots of resting. With no cell phone, watch or clock in the room, there's also no concept of time. Every set of footsteps down the hall and past the door brought hope that the waiting was over. I was disappointed more than once.

Finally my tech guy came and the testing was started. It takes about 45 minutes for the entire scan. As far as scans go, this one was by far the most relaxing. Once we left the radiologist's office, we headed to the next appointment, first making a pit stop at Starbucks. Yea! As for the last appointment of the day, I'll just summarize that visit by saying this: in the way of kids in the future, we should have no problem.

Now it's time for dinner. In the past 24 hours, I've only had water (and finally coffee). Better eat now...fasting for tomorrow's procedure starts soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kim,

I am praying for you to keep your strength, keep your sense of humor, and hopefully keep your beautiful hair. If you are seriously considering "spiky" or pink, I know some staff members who might have some left-over pink hair color. Maybe we could start a club :-)

Thanks so much for sharing with all of us and allowing us to love on you a little. Take care of yourself.

Much love,
Sarah

Mom said...

Three more to go honey. Hang in there. I love you even more than I did yesterday (if that's possible)! :)
Mom