Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hair, awards, and good weeks.

This has been a rare week in that it has been filled with so many good things. One right after the other, in fact. Here's a timeline to show it all:

Monday--declared CANCER-FREE
Tuesday--noticed that hair kinda stopped coming out
Wednesday--hair stopped coming out altogether...only a strand here or there. Looks like I'll be keeping it afterall...
Thursday--announced teacher of the month (December) at my school
Friday--announced teacher of the YEAR at my school

Wow, huh?? Who knew you could end such a tough year on some really great things?

I feel I can actually talk about the hair situation since it's finally stopped. I've mentioned recently how superstitious I am. I thought by celebrating my non-hair loss, it would most definitely come out. But now it's stopped. For good. No more potential baldness. Crazy...sometimes it pays to be a freak of nature. I've defied all the odds...everyone (doctors, nurses, wig experts, websites, cancer brochures, etc.) assured me a 100% loss of hair from the Adriamycin. Not just thinning, but gone. Gone like this:

But they were wrong. I've had a couple of the nurses tell me that they've never seen anyone not lose their hair. I guess that gives hope to some of the other Adriamycin victims. :)

Okay...just got done painting the laundry room (with Mom's help) and now it's time for bed. Have lots to do tomorrow. Shelley and Eric will be here next weekend (YEA!!!!) and I must make it cozy and comfortable for my special guests. (Really just need to straighten a few things...)

Thanks and goodnight! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FROM YOUR COUSIN IN IDAHO. MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED FOR YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN SO STRONG WITH SUCH AN AWESOME OUTLOOK. ALSO CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR TEACHER AWARDS, YOU DESERVE IT. LOVE YA!!!!

Jessica Elliott said...

no more hair loss? great! teacher of the month? wonderful! teacher of the year? awesome! you have been blessed beyond belief and deserve every second of it! have a very merry christmas kim!

Linda. F. said...

Congrats on being Teacher of the Year! You ARE a great teacher and we sure miss ya at our school!

Jessica said...

You are my hero! I am so proud of you!!!!!! Miss you! Love you!

Megs said...

You amaze me. I am so happy for you, my heart is singing right now!

You deserve every bit of good that comes your way.

Nothing said...

YAY!