Monday, December 8, 2008

Kim-1, cancer-0

Yep, that's right. I win! I was officially diagnosed CANCER-FREE today!

Here's what the doctor said:

My blood work was good meaning my blood count was good. Very important. Also, it didn't sound like my lungs were damaged from the Bleomycin. It's been known to have nasty long term effects on the lungs. My oncologist said that since I wasn't too burdened with the disease (easy for her to say...), I'm young and (generally) healthy, and my treatments went well, that my prognosis is good. Of course it's not 100%, but I'll take a good prognosis anyday. If I notice any new lumps or have weight loss or night sweats again, I'm to call them immediately. I see my radiation oncologist in February and I'll have another PET scan in 4 months. Until then, I'm to live my life again. Doctor's orders! Yea!!!!

With that said...here are some of the pictures I've been promising:

This is some of the hair I lost. One morning. Just by brushing it. This, again, doesn't include hair on pillow, brush, floor, shower drain, etc.

These are all my markings I had. And my mediport (the lump on my left). Sexy, no???
Here's the lovely rash I got from the mixture of the mask and radiation. It itches like CRAZY!

And here's my new hairdo!!
You can definitely see the thinning that's happened. Another wee bit of good news??? I think my hair isn't falling out as much. Yea again!!! My nurse and oncologist were both still amazed it didn't all fall out. Told you...I'm stubborn. I also have my mask, but haven't taken a picture of it yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Anyway...I'm done! With posting (for tonight) and cancer treatments. Time to watch Christmas movies and relax. Finally!

Thanks and goodnight!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Kim FTW!!

And first post.

Megs said...

Oh wow! This news is MORE than wonderful!! I'm so happy for you.

You are such a strong woman with a wonderful soul. You deserve only good things.

I'm proud of you.

Jessica said...

YAH!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! You need to celebrate!!

Andi said...

WOOHOO! WOOHOO! WOOHOO! You have made my night...I am so very HAPPY for you:)

Jessica Elliott said...

AMEN!!!! THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!!! So incredibly overjoyed by this wonderful news! You've been such a brave soul! Time to say 'good riddens' to cancer and 2008! Bring on 2009! Kim--just so happy for you and what a relief, of course for you and Matt, but also for the rest of your friends and family who have traveled this road alongside you every step of the way! God is great! Goodnight and take a big deep breath and let your shoulders down, the battle is over my friend....and you take the victory! xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMG Kim! That is so wonderful! My heart is so full for you!
You fought cancer and won - that is an unbelievable accomplishment. You Rock!

Linda. F. said...

Yay! This is the wonderful news we have all been waiting for! It's gonna be a Merry Christmas!

Adwell said...

Um, yeah... there aren't words to express how awesome this is. Love you! Can't wait to see you. And I'm down to watch Christmas movies soon.

Adwell said...

OH-- and congrats on your "Teacher of the Month" award. You'd better laminate that :-P