Monday, December 8, 2008

I HAVE CROSSED THE FINISHED LINE!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family did. There was lots of food, family, and fun this year. I love when family comes to visit during the holidays. We all sit around the table and eat and talk. And eat some more. Especially if you're my cousin, Jeff. I swear that boy is a bottomless pit. I don't know how he stays so skinny. Now for the good news:

I am officially done with cancer treatments!! I finished my LAST radiation on Tuesday. I even got to bring my mask home. I have lots of pictures I want to post and will include that with the rest. I haven't posted earlier for several reasons: 1) I haven't really had the time, 2) I haven't felt too great and 3) I've been extremely tired. I'm actually just writing this in hopes it will make me write more later.

I had blood drawn last Monday (a lot of blood drawn) and have a doctor's appointment today with my oncologist. I'll find out the results from the blood and what the next step is. I know another scan will be involved, just not sure when.

I shall post more after the doctor. Thanks for being patient.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am looking forward to seeing what the doctor had to say!

Andi said...

WOOHOO! Can't wait to hear about all the GOOD news from the doc:)

Linda. F. said...

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you to have good results from all the tests! Yay! You crossed the finish line:)

>:<

Jessica Elliott said...

So happy for you!!!!! Post after the doc appt!! I'm anxiously awaiting!!