Saturday, April 11, 2009

Month of Birthdays

April is my family's month to celebrate birthdays. Starting with mine on the 1st. Today is my dad's. My brother's, mom's, and animal's will also be this month.

I told you what my mom said on my birthday. A week after my first chemo, my dad came over for lunch. He mainly wanted to check on me and see how I was. We spent a couple hours talking and eating and laughing. As he was leaving, my dad said, "Sweetie, you are my hero." I have to admit something about this...it bothered me at first. I can only explain this by saying he's my dad. I'm his daughter...daughters are supposed to look up to their dads. He's supposed to be my hero. But then I realized, it can go both ways. My dad inspired me to get my masters degree. My dad started to get his, but didn't finish. (Really I'm just competitive and wanted to beat him. I win! :) )

My parent's play different roles in my life. My dad is the cautious one. He keeps me grounded and brings me back to reality. My mom is the dreamer. She's the one who tells me I can do anything. I need both roles in my life.

So, here's to my dad. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Love you!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awwhhh, how sweet is that?!?

Mom said...

That was very sweet. You are very much your father's daughter. You and your dad are both sweety pies!

Bryan said...

That was very sweet. Has he seen it?