Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another...

Today is Bryan's birthday. He's my brother, for those of you who don't know.

I've told stories about everyone else and today is no exception. My brother and I have always been very close. We rarely fought growing up and in high school, I considered him one of my best friends. He's 3 years older than I am. During a time when most siblings would tattle to their parents about the younger one tagging along, mine willing let me go and would often even invite me to go. His friends were mine and vice versa. We hung out together. And got in lots o' trouble together. ;)

Now don't get me wrong. He certainly picked on me when I was little. Like the time when I was 5 and he told me that these hid under the bed of 5-year-old girls and ate them while they were sleeping:
And would then leave it on my pillow for me. Or the time when he told me that McDonald's hamburgers were made of worms. Didn't eat another one of those until...oh...last year. Or the time when he thought he was clever and tried to sneak up on me and I back kicked him in the stomach. True story, though I'm sure he'll deny it. That was during my karate days. :) Or the time that he got my parents to play along (again, I was about 6 or 7) and convince me I was adopted. Oh yes. Good times, good times.

So, here's to my brother. You've always supported me, but your support and encouragment through these last few months has meant more to me than you know. I hope your birthday has been everything you dreamed. I love you! Now how about that tattoo??? :)

4 comments:

Bryan said...

I love you so much! You're still one of my best friends.

Now, if you don't take that damn picture off of there (you know the one I mean), some asses are going to be kicked! ;-)

Bryan said...

About the little green gargoyle:

1. Is that the actual one? If so, where did you find it?!

2. Telling you that was just downright funny!

Kimberly 'Riggle' Franek said...

Bryan - no to the picture. That's the perks of having your own blog. 1. YES!!! I found it here: http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/Misc/FSBlackstar.html

2. So hilarious that 25 years later, I can still pick him out of a line-up and have nightmares. :)

Andi said...

Ahhh! I think this is my favorite post...and tell Bryan I love the hat...HA!

Andi