Monday, October 6, 2008

More good news!

I saw my oncologist today for a check up. I had blood drawn, then had my vitals checked: temp: 98.2, BP: 137/82. I was weighed, too, but I won't put that on here. :) I have, despite my best effort, gained 2 pounds. And by "best", I mean "not really trying". 2 pounds is tragic, I know. But I see this as an opportunity to indulge in anything I feel like. For instance, at the Fair on Saturday, Mom and I had every fried food possible. Oh wait...we do that every year. Hmmm...okay...well...I have been drinking a lot of Coke. Now that's something that's rare for me. Enough rambling. Let's get to the good stuff...

Here's what she said: my WBC is good...no more Neupogen shots!!! Yea!! My last one was last night. One step closer to being done. I'm glad to be rid of those. They were painful to get and even more painful to deal with after. My RBC, however, is low causing me to be slightly anemic, but nothing to worry about. This should go away after my last chemo. Which, by the way, is FRIDAY. Radiation will start shortly after that...I'll get the exact date soon.

I have an appointment on the 24th for CBC (lab work) and then not again until December. Once radiation is done, I'll have another CAT scan to look for anything abnormal and we cross our fingers that there's nothing.

There's also a possiblity I won't get the Bleo on Friday. That's a 20-minute drip. I've had some shortness of breath and Bleo is known to cause lung damage. I don't think I have any damage, but we'll see on Friday what the verdict is.

That's about it. The check up was normal and that's all news I received. All in all, it was a good weekend. I had minimal side effects and I slept a little more than I have been, but am dead tired today. Okay then.

Thanks and goodnight!

6 comments:

Jessica Elliott said...

Yay and yay! Nothing more to say! (and no I didn't intend that to rhyme) I'm SO happy for you!

Jess

Jill said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! Keep me posted, I'll be waiting for my routine text:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything is going well! It will all be over before you know it!

Linda. F. said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Good news is ALWAYS something to stand up and CHEER about! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Two words my dear, sweet sister......Chicken Fried Bacon.

Anonymous said...

*Correction: three words*