Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lights, nights and parties.

Sunday night was the Light the Night walk in Dallas. We had over 40 people on our team and so far have raised over $1900!!! We had a ton of fun! They were giving away lots of free stuff...pedometers, bracelets, lapel pins for lymphoma, etc. I even got a green "survivor" shirt and candle for writing my story down. Everyone on the team carried red balloons for support. I carried a gold one for memory of a loved one lost (my Oma died from multiple myeloma) and a white one...because I have it. Funny thing is I only saw 3 other white balloons. Hmmmm...anyhow. Thank you to the following people who came to walk with me: Mom, Dad, Matt, Bryan, Melony, Todd, Oscar, Kathy, Jill, Brad, Matt P., Megan, Elaine, Laura, Amanda, Christine, Alex, Janette, Cindy, Kathi, Paul, Erin, Jason, Brendan, Kim, Brandon, Darcy, Sarah, Rachel, Lauren, Melissa, April, Stephanie, Jeannette, Tore, Dolly, Larry, Jordan, Lisa, Roslyn, and Alma.

I have to make a correction about my last blog. My mom wanted me to write that while the news of my brother and sister-in-law's upcoming birth is exciting, the best news our family received was my near cancer-free diagnosis. Sorry Bryan and Mel. But I am short and unloved. :)

I have a radiation oncology appointment set for Thursday morning for planning. They'll mark my radiation spots then using either marker or permanent inking (like a tattoo). I'll get my schedule of radiation then, as well. Hopefully it'll start next week. Starting next week would put me finished the week before Thanksgiving!!! That's what I'm hoping for. I do know it's 5 days a week for 20 days. I also have CBC on Friday (that's a fancy way of saying "blood test"). I'm hoping for good results from that, too.

Alrighty...well that's it. I posted pictures of Light the Night and of my Purple Party. So many people had cameras at the walk. I'm trying to get them all and will post them as they come in.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must concede that you are indeed short, but far from unloved. I love you dearly even if our parents do not. ;)

Kimberly 'Riggle' Franek said...

I usually don't comment on my own blog, but that comment made me giggle like a school girl and cry all at the same time. I love you!

JulieVicic said...

Kim! I had no idea you had a blog!
I am embarrassed beyond words that I was not at the walk to support you. There is no excuse of course, but Billy and I were actually in Napa for our anniversary. I had intended to write to tell you that beforehand, but as many of my good intentions, it never happened.
I'm so glad to see you had so many friends and family by your side, and even more happy to hear that things are going so well with your treatment.

You are thoughtful and generous to support the Race for the Cure on behalf of Cantrell. I know we will be celebrating you as a survivor in next year's walk too!