Friday, October 17, 2008

Good days!

I meant to write about this on Tuesday night, but, alas, was just too darn tired. And again on Wednesday. And again on Thursday. :)

I felt somewhat better on Monday after the not-so-great weekend. My Tuesday was packed full of good news and fun things. First off...MY BROTHER, BRYAN, AND SISTER-IN-LAW, MELONY, ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They found out the good news (officially) on Tuesday. Yea!!!! This is the most exciting and best news our family has had in the past couple of months. I can't wait to spoil the little brat silly. My prediction is a girl. :)

Also on Tuesday, my staff threw me a surprise "Purple Party" to celebrate my last chemo. Did you catch the word "surprise"??? I don't do surprises well. I turn beet red. Okay...I mean even more red than I already am. Everyone had on purple and Cindy, our PTA president and my sub on chemo days, made everyone purple ribbons to wear. We had purple cake (well...purple icing!) and purple punch. We even had purple chocolate-covered pretzels with purple sprinkles! Everyone on the staff pitched in to buy something purple. You wouldn't believe the amount of purple stuff in the world! I got all the following...in purple...: nail polish, nail polish remover, socks, candles, candy, lotion, a feather boa, pom-poms, gum, pencil case, brownie mix with spatula, Halloween towels, Halloween martini glass, picture album...the list goes on and on! I have pictures of everything that our art teacher, Amanda, took. I'll post them later.

AND on Tuesday, Matt and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! I'm all about pictures (in case you couldn't tell) so if you want to see wedding and honeymoon pics, go here: kimandmatt.shutterfly.com. Our "dating" anniversary was Friday the 10th...11 years. Dorky, I know. For those of you who don't know our life histories, Matt and I met in preschool. We were in the same 3 year old class. I have a class pic of us in kindergarten. I'll try to find that and post it on here. Here's us in kinder at our Christmas program and at Matt's 5 year old birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.

We went our separate ways in elementary and middle school and met back up again in high school. Ironically, we didn't start dating until the summer after graduation-though I did attend many an Ed Banky's Car show during high school. :) We were married in the same church that we went to preschool.


That's it for now. Don't forget the walk is on Sunday. It's not too late to join or donate. We'd love to have you there!!! http://teams.lightthenight.org/PurplePeopleEaters_SouthernMethodistUniversity


Thanks and goodnight.

5 comments:

Andi said...

Oh my goodness...those pictures of you and Matt just made my night! Thanks for sharing and for the smile:) And yea Brian! Tell everyone congrats!! You are going to be one cool aunt!!
Andi

Andi said...

Sorry...this is my OCD kicking in...I mispelled Bryan...so let me fix it... YEA BRYAN! There...I feel better:)
Andi

Anonymous said...

Now why do you assume my child is going to be a "brat?" Is it because he/she will be taking after his/her Aunt Kim when she was that age? ;-)

Anonymous said...

KIM: WOW!!! THIS IS FROM YOUR COUSIN CHRISTINE IN IDAHO. I JUST READ ALL YOUR BLOGS, YOU ARE AMAZING, WHAT YOU HAVE GONE THRU WITH SUCH A GREAT ATTITUDE, I AM SO IMPRESSED BY YOUR STRENGTH. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS. LOVE YA!!

Anonymous said...

yea this is totally random and you don't know me i just wanna say i heard your song "DAYLIGHT" on an alcohol commercial looked it up listened to a bunch of your other songs and now i am inspired to do something don't know what though lol i just feel special from your songs :P