Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cats.

Yesterday was my CT scan. I wanted a PET scan instead but since my last one came back negative (good), they suggested a CT scan (bad). Then if anything is abnormal on these results (bad), next will come a PET scan (bad). Ha! I only say the CT scans are bad because nothing showed up on mine. My cancer, and to what degree it had spread, only showed up on the PET scan. Remember the whole "I'm stubborn" thing. But I'll take what I can get. I actually started this post yesterday, but didn't get a chance to finish it. At the time, I was in the process of fasting. I couldn't even have water. I had to drink these starting at 2: One at 2, the other at 3, and my scan at 4. At least it was spaced out...the last time I had to drink them both in 30 minutes! Ick!

I had the apple one first: Then I shared with Mom: Then I finished with berry: I had a full scan-neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis. I had to do the scan without dye first and then with dye. This is not my favorite part...they have to prep the IV (which isn't really a needle, but a small tube) before my scan starts. Then for 3/4 of it, my arms are up over my head. Which takes a bit of talent with a needle stuck in it. I thought I had described the sensation of the dye, but looking back, I don't think I did. It creates a warm sensation everywhere. The first time I had it, I was warned that it might feel like you wet your pants, but you really didn't. Well...that joke was on them! Kidding, of course. But it really does feel like that and it makes you wonder if you actually did.

I called to get the results today, but they didn't have them yet. I'll call again tomorrow morning. Even though the lady I talked to said my doctor would go over the results at my November 2nd appointment. Really? Like I'm going to wait that long?? Not so much.

Don't forget about all of this. I've booked the Chick-Fil-A by my school tentatively for November 5th. Once I get all the details, I'll post them. Come eat chicken and support autism research!
Must do something to help this.

Thanks for reading. Good night!

5 comments:

mom said...

Yummmmm....that was really good!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, Pray you get a clean scan. I think yesterday was my niece's last chemo...

Aunt Betty

Mom said...

Aunt Betty....it did come back clean. We were very excited! Will pray that everything goes well for your niece!
Ann (Kim's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Mom - thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for Kim.
Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Pray you are doing well; my niece just finished chemo; went to Atlantic City for weekend.(celebrate?) Thanks for the updates on your progress. Following you and keeping you both (niece and Kim) in prayers.

Aunt Betty