Thursday, February 4, 2010

Puppy heaven

It is with great sadness and an even heavier heart that I write this tonight. Peanut, our puppy for almost 7 years, passed away at 7 tonight. He was so strong and fought such a hard battle against a monster of a disease. A disease with no known cause, explanation, or real hope for survival. He was special because he was our first dog. Not a family dog, but a dog that made us a family. He was our pride and joy. If you knew him, you know why.

I have so many memories I would love to share. But tonight, I'm feeling greedy and I want them for myself. Maybe some day when it doesn't hurt so much, I'll post some of them. In the meantime, here's an entry about how we got him.

I'm writing this from bed...where one little, loveable pup used to lay next to me. I am officially empty inside.





Here's to Peanut. I love you more than coffee loves sugar, toast loves butter or rainbows love pots of gold. You're my forever. I'll love you always...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were "Peaknuckle" to me... I only met you for a few days, but it was fun fighting off your licks and love. Peaknuckle was a unique wienny that loved to keep his mother/owner happy. You will be missed my friend...

Anonymous said...

Kim, Memory eternal of Peanut. When I taught Sunday School, one day a little boy came in with a sad face and I asked him what happened. He said hsi dog had died that evening before...I asked our priest to come in and talk about death...and life. My priest (Greek Orthodox) said that dogs and cats have souls, so it's alright to pray for them and remember them. that episode was comforting to me; I hope it is to you. Continue to grow forward and take care of yourself. Eternal memory of Peanut. - Aunt Betty