Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag

Fancy title, eh? I wrote something about everyone's birthday in the month of April. There's one more today. Her name is Phoebe. She's our German Shepherd and she's 4 today.

We got Phoebe in November of 2005. We had just moved into our house the previous October. And 2 weeks later, we were broke into. At the time, we only had Peanut-our Dachshund. I've always liked big dogs and especially German Shepherds. So I searched Petfinder religiously for a month and finally found her. Except...it really wasn't her. The picture I found and the puppy I got were totally different. But I'm glad she's the one we got.

She's the epitome of a perfect dog. She's obedient (for the most part), lovable all the time, and will attack at the drop of a hat if she thinks we're in danger.

So here's to Phoebe. The best "German Shepherd" ever.

2 comments:

mom said...

I love Phoebe...can I have her??

Andi said...

Phoebe is SO pretty! Now I'm missin' our Tanner...must go get a tissue:(
OK...all better! Those pics are great!!