Friday, January 2, 2009

New year, new me.

Now that the craziness of the holidays are over, I've finally had a chance to cogitate on this past year. My family, friends and I have been faced with many adversities. Most are publically known...some are not.

I've been truly impressed by the strength and support I've received from family and friends. When faced with something like this, it's amazing to see who your true friends are. I lost a lot of friends in these past 6 months. There are people I've known for a long time that knew about my "illness" who I didn't hear from once. And then there are those whose bond has forever been tied and knotted and those are the people who will be my friends for life. I am eternally grateful to come out of this adventure with that insight.

One thing is certain...I will never be the same girl I was 6 months ago. I can't explain the change...not aloud. If you were in my head, it'd be a whole lot easier. :) So...I've closed that chapter in my life and am moving on.

I have faith that this new year will bring happiness, peace, new life (from my niece/nephew), and better health. Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy New Year to you too hun!!!

Jessica Elliott said...

Happy New Year! You have many blessings...healthy body, wonderful family and friends, and a new name to get adjusted to-- Aunt Kim :)
What you said about being a different person...well, your loved ones would probably agree that they are different now as well...BETTER, because of you (and have tattoos to prove it)! I know it's been a humbling 6 months but it's brought loved ones closer and taught many life lessons. Never take a moment for granted. You are a living testimony to God's miracles and you are loved more than you know!

xoxo
Jessica

Andi said...

Well said:) Can I just say I LOVE the tat pics! I SO wish I could have seen that...I know laughter...and only a few "OUCH!-es" filled the walls...how fun:) Happy NEW year to your family!
Andi

Linda. F. said...

Happy New Year!!! and HUGS >:<

Lindsey said...

Well Mrs. Kimmi, I just wanted to stop and say hey.. How was your weekend? How is your nephew? I miss you.. Love you lots!!!!!